Saturday 30 November 2013

Happy Christmas Little Boy!

I have one Great Nephew and I always like to make him a special card. When I saw this stamp set, I thought it was ideal. He's only 6 and I think a lot of the Santa images are a bit scary, but this one is nice and friendly and even has a cuddly reindeer.

 

The reindeer is stamped first and masked to make it look as if he is standing in front of Santa, The image is coloured with distress markers and a water brush. I've said it before, I'm not the best colourist. I don't often do coloured-in images, but I'm quite pleased how this turned out. I couldn't resist adding a little snowman sticker to wave hello :-)

 
"Santa"

Flowersoft decorates Santa's beard and hat. I wanted it to look naturally scruffy and to stay put in the post, so used a smear of PVA to attach the flowersoft! This is a nice, big card with plenty of room inside for some spondoolies. You know what I mean :-) Maddy x

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful cheery card Maddy. I love the jolly Santa and cute reindeer and fabulous colours.
    I hope you have a good weekend,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)