Friday 1 November 2013

A Pinch and a Punch it's the First of the Month

Wow, it's November already! I hope you are all recovered from the ghostly happenings last night, and ready for some more Christmas cards. Oh yes, she hasn't run out of ideas yet :-) Here's another of those shaving foam background cards I promised you.


The stamps are more magazine freebies.


Stamping is with jet black archival ink heat-embossed using Stampendous holographic embossing powder for some Christmas sparkle. Glossy accents is used to highlight aspects of the design, such as the star and baubles on the tree.
 

A lovely lady on Docrafts sent me a few of these star charms in a swap and I have put them to good use by attaching to these little bird charms and hanging from a brad via a triangular jump ring. I couldn't resist adding a touch of red to the bird's breast to turn him into a Christmas robin. You'll see some more of these in cards later in the month.

Where I grew up, some little sod would come up to you on the first of the month, pinch your arm and say "a pinch and a punch it's the first of the month". If he wasn't fast he got "a pinch and a kick for being so quick" :-) Happy November. Maddy x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maddy love the card the charms are so cute. I can't believe we are in November already don't know where the year has gone. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy, your shaving foam background is stunning. Love the colors you have used to make it. This background looks like a blizzard (it's good I checked the word from translator. First I wrote 'blister'. That would be embarrassing). Really gorgeous card!
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous piece of work - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, this is lovely...I adore those charms. Ummm....my husband and I celebrate out 15th wedding anniversary in a few days and every month we have pinched and punched, we get quite sneaky and plot ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)