Monday 4 November 2013

Accordion card using Sizzix Flip Accordion die

This isn't one of my most favourite cards, but I thought I'd include it this week to show you an alternative way to make accordion cards, and that is using the Sizzix Bigz Flip Accordion die. With this die, you cut panels and glue them together via the tabs to produce an accordion card of any length.

 

Now, this was the first card I made using this die and I didn't realise that you need to do your stamping before you glue all the panels together, so I had to decorate my card using patterned papers and pre-printed toppers.
 

I just sort of threw patterned papers and stuff at the card, as you can see lol!
 

Of course, I had to add a reindeer :-)


This is the front of the other side. You can see where I had to add some strips of ribbon to reinforce the creases where they cut through. Now I know what the crease mat is for lol!

After that disaaaaster, tomorrow I'll be sharing a tutorial which details how to make an accordion card like yesterday's. Hope to see you again. Maddy x

6 comments:

  1. Morning to you, just popping in for my virtual and generic c/p visit to see your latest creations, say hello and hope you have a good week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a disaaaaster at all Maddy! I love the design and fabulous papers with such beautiful detailing too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy this is gorgeous love the design, papers used and the sweet images. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The accordian card you have shown the last days are super - I will look forward to get the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just BEAUTIFUL :))

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm just catching up. You've been very creative these days. Fantastic and inspiring pieces. I especially love this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)