Saturday 17 December 2011

Reindeer

Well if you've been following my blog, you'll know I've had a thing about reindeer for the past couple of months. There are some really beautiful images around at the moment, and this one from Kanban is no exception. The reindeer are separate stamps and were used a lot on my Holtz-inspired tags over the last couple of weeks, but I thought it would be nice to show you something made with the whole stamp set.

"Reindeer"

The reindeer and trees were stamped in charcoal versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder before colouring with distress inks in browns and blues.

"Background & snowflake"

The background has snowflakes stamped in clear ink on white card and heat-embossed in white. The snowflakes card was then distress-inked in blue and overstamped with more snowflakes in blue inks. The background panel and stamped panel were both mounted on deep blue papers, then fixed to a card base which was also distressed and snowflake-stamped with blue inks. The large snowflakes were die-cut from white glitter card for a little extra dimension.

"Reindeer"

A close-up of those gorgeous reindeer. I love the bobbling effect from the embossing here, it looks like snowflakes caught in their fur.

Entered for the following challenges:
Allsorts challenge: Blue and brown
Dream Valley Challenge - Christmas

4 comments:

  1. Wow Maddy this is gorgeous. I love those trees. Thats another stamp set on my list! Oh I used the stamps you sent me last night on my wrapping paper. Thank you so much, theyre perfect. Beautiful card as always Maddy. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card, so sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dream Valley Challenges.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card - love your color choice!!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)