Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas 2011 - Tag 10 - Facet pictures

Another Tim Holtz tag and another technique: fixing pictures to the back of clear facets. I'd never tried this before, although I've seen it described on acetate. Anyway, it was great fun once I mastered the technique. Ordinary sellotape was used, but there was a bit of experimenting with the pictures. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my inkjet-printed Graphics Fairy images to transfer. I don't know whether it was the ink, or if I need to leave them longer, or something else. Paper images were ok, but the ones that worked best for me were preprinted on thin cardstock.

"Tag 10"

The background tag was cut from card printed with a vintage music image from the Graphics Fairy, then distressed with Aintique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain inks and decorated with gold Perefct Pearls. After leaving this to dry thoroughly, the tag was stamped with holly & deer stamps in Forest Moss and heat-embossed in clear. The holly was further decorated with the addition of green and red glitter glue to highlight the edges of the leaves and the berries.



I wondered whether the gold embossing would come out OK on the facets (actually, not facets, but "see-thru stones" from my local craft shop), but it worked a treat. I shall definitely use this again. After transferring the images, the tape was stuck to silver mirri card with a tiny amount of glossy accents, then the facets were added with another small amount of glossy accents and left to set before cutting to size. They were fixed to the card with a little pinflair dimensional glue, and gold threads added to "tie" them to a die-cut branch.


The branch and letters were all cut from my old favourite, empty cat food box. The letters were painted with black acrylic paint on my finger, then left to dry and dabbed with Adirondack gold mixative, before fixing to the ribbon tags and covering with glossy accents. The ribbon tags were threaded onto gold tinsel before fixing to the card.

Entered for the following challenge:
Stampin' for the weekend - Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I love that gorgeous background Maddy and your wee stones and the sentiment is gorgeous. Perfect tag. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень интересный, хороший тег!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delcious, delightful and de-lovely! (via Graphics Fairy)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)