Friday 9 December 2011

Christmas 2011 - Tag 9 - Double heat embossed gothic tag

Just a quick one today. Wasn't the candle on todays' tag from Tim Holtz fantastic? Mine was cut by hand from grungepaper; I just had to have a go at reproducing the effect of the wax with glossy accents.

"Tag 9"

Of course, today's technique was the double-embossed background. This one was made using a V&A background stamp with Pine Needles, Barn Door and Walnut Stain distress inks.

"Greenery"

The greenery is a combination of Martha Stewart punched leaves, a swirl from a Sizzix decorative strip die, and a piece of garden insect mesh tied into a knot and torn.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag, I love the double embossing and your candle looks brilliant. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your tags have been amazing and this one is no exception, fantastic! Love Jayne. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag! I really like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning and elegant, I love the traditional colours :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)