Friday 2 December 2011

Christmas 2011 - Tag 2 - Kraft Resist

Well today's tag from Tim Holtz used kraft resist paper and I don't have any, but I do have all the ingredients and have been meaning to have a go at making my own for ages. (Ingredients: Kraft paper, Graphics Fairy vintage music image, Christmas stamps & acrylic block, archival ink, clear embossing powder, clear embossing ink & heat gun). Just print the music image on the kraft paper, cut to size, add any stamping with archival ink, allow to dry thoroughly, then stamp & emboss other images in clear (including a Christmas sentiment down the right hand side).

"Tag 2"

The kraft resist paper was then stained opaque white with picket fence stain and decorated with distress inks & Perfect Pearls. Since I was embossing anyway, I added a few embossed snowflakes over the white stain before colouring.


"Iron Fence edge"

In place of canvas & grungepaper, a piece of embossed white card was stuck to empty cat food box and used to diecut both the reindeer and the only "On the Edge" die I have. The edge was then coloured with distress inks and, in place of gold paint, was given a rub over with gold Perfect Pearls. Some gold flower brads were added.

"Wreath"

A length of lace was coloured with distress inks, twisted and glued into a circle with glossy accents, then slipped over Rudolph's neck (sorry, I just couldn't resist the red nose which is just a tiny blob of red glitter glue! I'm a sucker for Rudolph :))

"Lace and charm"

Some more lace was coloured to match the card and tied into the top of the tag. A Christmas tree charm was threaded through a small length of mini-gold tinsel (thanks Linda) and tied to the lace. The tree was decorated with tiny blobs of glitter glue for baubles.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :)

Entered for the following challenge:
Fairy Tale Challenge - Christmas

7 comments:

  1. This is incredible Maddy. I love your version of the Kraft Resist paper, its looks fantastic. Brilliant Tag Maddy, I really love it. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous tag,I love Rudolph.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! Love your 'modifications'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thiis brilliant hun love your take on tims tags,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tag looks so very beautifull and stunning! I love the colours and the diecute shape! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning - I just love the faded blue. (via Graphics Fairy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have shared it on my Facebook page, Maddy: http://www.facebook.com/pages/First-Night-Design-Cards-Gifts/144721535587375

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)