Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day

...or "Mothering Sunday" - that sounds so odd! I mean, mothers do their mothering all year round, not just on a Sunday... Before my American friends start to panic, don't worry. We have Mother's Day a couple of months before you so there's plenty of time for you to make your cards yet :-) Anyway, we have two Mums between me and Tom, so here are two similar Mother's Day cards.

 
"Happy Mother's Day"

I was so pleased with the layout, that I decided to make my second card very similar. Can you spot the differences?


"Happy Mother's Day"

The first is square, the second tall. They use different patterned papers, different ribbons, different fixings for the birdcage, and the first has more matting and layering (I thought the more complicated pattern on the second card didn't need so many layers), but overall the effect is the same.

It takes most of my time when I'm making cards to come up with the idea and the layout, so it's always a good idea for me to make the most of a card I like and make a few similar ones. Sometimes I'll keep going and make half a dozen, but I never make two cards exactly the same!

Ingredients:
Vintage Style Paperstack from "The Works" (thanks Lee :-)
7 Gypsies Conservatory 8"x8" paper pad
Spellbinders dies
flag bunting (from a blog challenge win, so I don't know who produced them)
ribbon in blue organza, green and brown string
vintage wooden buttons
cardstock: pale teal blue 160gsm, white 300gsm
Craftwork cards sentiments

Entered for the following challenge:
Oldie But a Goodie - Bunting

13 comments:

  1. lovely dies used on this card and so nicely combined

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful cards love the embellishments and B.papers-I don't like making cards exactly the same unless someone actually asks for one -just hopping
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards - love the bunting
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Maddy, as always! You should enter them both into the Oldie But A Goodie Challenge (closes Monday night) with a bunting theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Maddy hope you do enter into the challenge at Oldie But A Goodie as the theme is bunting. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very beautiful cards, I bet both Mum's were delighted to get these x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, love them! Hopping by a little late, have a lovely week! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards...Maddy, Love the soft colours and the details...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late blogger on the hope from DC.
    Hope you have a great craft filled week.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, the blue ribbon looks great

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Hope you have a fab day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful cards Maddy. I love the colour combinations and the bunting is gorgeous. Glad those papers came in handy. Stunning cards, right up my street. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these Maddie and they look great in the sunshine. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)