Thursday 13 March 2014

My take on Tim Holtz' Tag for March 2014

Well you know me well enough by now to realise that tags aren't really my thing. My thing is dimension, and I discovered a great new dimensional card design on SplitCoast Stampers this month called a pop-up box card. I decided to use all the techniques from Tim's March tag to create my own version and here it is:

"Horlogerie"

I started with a couple of A4 sheets of manila cardstock and decorated them using the smudged stamp technique and various stamps from my Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz' sheets, then I cut the sheets up into sections to fit the panels on the box. The gadget gears and weathered clock are diecut from petfood boxes, stuck together back to back (to hide the advertising blurb and make them even sturdier) and decorated with Ranger paint dabber in gold. Pieces of Tim's tissue tape are added to the decorated panels. A screw brad fixes the hands onto the clock, and a chain with a muse token draped over the cogs.

 
"It folds flat!"

Hey lookie here, the whole thing folds flat for posting!

 
"Sunshine"

We had some rare sunshine and I took the opportunity for a glamour shot lol! The sun has washed out the colours, but I love the shadows from the gears.

Ingredients:
Sizzix Bigz Tim Holtz Weathered Clock and Gadget Gears dies
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Stamps various sets
Distress Inks: Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood
Ranger Paint Dabber: Gold
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape (thanks Lee!)
Muse Token and chain (another thanks to Lee :-)
Screw brad
cardstock: grey 300gsm+, manila 220gsm, petfood boxes
adhesive: PVA
 
Entered for the following challenge:
Tim Holtz tags of 2014: March
Rhedd and Rosies - Aged / Distressed
Creative Card Crew - Use a Charm
Simon Monday Challenge - D is for Distress

30 comments:

  1. I know you love dimension Maddy and you do it so well, another stunner here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant hun super design and detail hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pop-up card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant take on Tim's tag. Love the dimension. Great design too. Thank you so so much for popping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, I really appreciate it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic that the Card are flat so it is easy to post. The embesslimet you have used made it is a super Card for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... great project! Great combination of elements. Precision handling and great charm. Thank you for participating in our challenge in Creative Card Crew.
    Adriana DT :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen yr blog before so all new. I hit link from TH blog &...
    Absolutely fab gears & cogs (love anything s'punk theme) & yr box is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing. Just hopped over from Do-crafts. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Maddy great box card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant box card, I must have a go at making one of these. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great piece of steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous box card - I've just discovered these recently too - they are great
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are wonderful - aren't they ?! Yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant pop-up box card love the papers and cogs-just hopping
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This box is stunning. Love it.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, snap Maddy, I've just joined in the craze for these cards in a box, they are just so effective aren't they? Love your theme, very gorgeously lovely. Love Dips xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card in a box!!!!! I love your way to distress it! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous box card Maddy , lovely colours and detail, i love the cogs
    just hopping from DC
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just gorgeous! This would be perfect for the anything but a card challenge on my blog, we've got some fab sponsors! Happy leapblogging! Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant choice....I have seen these recently...but yours is one of my favourites Maddy....Happy blogging Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, looks really stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, fabulous stunning creation, beautifully made and so much dimension. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous project!! Love the dimension and how you used those dies. Just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Maddy this is brilliant, I've never made one of these box cards but I really love them and your clock & cogs make it a brilliant one for the males, great papers too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing pop up card!! I LOVE everything about it!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is a fabulous make! thanks for playing along with the Rhedd & Rosie challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great boxcard. Another project on my 'must make' list!
    Kathleen Mc x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting steampunk card :) I like this form.Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew Challenge. Good Luck - Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun tage on Tim's March tag. Very spunky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)