Sunday 23 March 2014

A Pile of A6 Cards

When I'm short of inspiration for a big project, I pull out some stash and make a pile of A6 cards. Put a variety in a box with some envelopes and they make great presents! Anyway, last month I won a fabulous prize with a card I entered into a competition at Quick Cards magazine. The prize was a box of stuff from Die Cuts With a View (DCWV), and I've been making cards with it ever since. I thought I'd share some of my A6 cards with you and this first batch uses a pad of MAMBI card blanks titled "Dream Big". They have fabulous geometric designs in contemporary colours.

"The Journey Awaits"

I've added bits and pieces from my stash, including items made from paper clay such as the white bird ...

"Happy Birthday"

...and the flower, stem and butterfly.

 
"Unreal"

The backgrounds on these flowers were decorated card discs from a swap on Docrafts. I think they have a sort of "Science Fantasy" feel to them.

 
"Thank You"

I love this little doggy from a pack of card embellishments.

 
"Birthday Wishes Just for You"

Just when you get bored with the black and white, there are some muted violet shades.

 
"Thank You"

Layered diecuts of different cardstocks add interest and texture.

 
"Thinking of You"

I often use these monochrome colour schemes and it's a good way to combine items from different manufacturers and different ranges.

 
"Autumn"

Well, we have a lovely sunny day here in Northern Ireland. I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday wherever you are. Maddy x

Ingredients:
DCWV MAMBI card pad "Dream Big"
DCWV Pumpkin Patch 6" x 6" pad
DCWV Cardstock Quotes
DCWV Gauze Paper Stack
DCWV Basic Frames
Paper Cellar Sentiments
Sizzix Bigz M&S Ornamental and Mini Ornamental
Sizzix Bigz Gadget Gears
Martha Stewart moulds & paperclay
wooden & plastic embellishments from my stash
Distress Ink pads

Entered for the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful.Paper clay looks brilliant on cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing ... you have certainly been a buzy izzy ... love your card selection ... think I like the puppy one with the little bone bestest but they are all great ... well done ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... hope you uave a super week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maddy you have been a busy bee what a wonderful selection of cards love all of them. As you can see I have changed the name of my blog and wondered if you could update your link so that we may continue to see each other's creations. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win - great use of your prize - fab cards
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these Cards are so fine but the Card in the violet shades with flowers and butterflies are just fantastic. Also congratulations with the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy, they all look beautiful. Congratulations on winning the prize as well, you got some great stash by the looks of the cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection of cards! :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of cards Maddy, monochromatic always looks so smart.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning set of cards - how inventive of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)