Sunday 2 March 2014

Pretty in Pink

Our theme this month at Stamping Sensations is "Pretty in Pink". Now pink is not my favourite colour so I have to admit to struggling a bit with this one, so I hit on the idea of mixing my own vintage pink with acrylic paints. I painted a board using my fingers with lots of swirls, then added some images stamped on tissue paper, some more paint, and finally some Graphics Fairy images. Everything is stuck using Claudine Hellmuth matt multi-medium. This is a water-based glue, so you have to remember to use only solvent-based colouring materials, and wait until everything is dry before adhering your images.

"Pretty in Pink"

Once finished, I punched some holes using Sizzix dies and used the board as an album cover. The letters were cut from more card and stuck to the board before painting.



Ingredients:
Acrylic paints in red, white and pink pearlescent (I used some cheap ones from Lidl)
Recycled hardboard from dog food boxes (I cut two the same size for each cover and stick them together with the advertising blurb on the inside)
Tissue Paper
Archival ink, Jet Black
Crafty Individuals stamps
Promarkers for colouring
Claudine Hellmuth matt multi-medium
vintage images from the Graphics Fairy
Sizzix M&S hole punch dies & Sizzix M&S Base Tray
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alphabet Bigz die
3 x large book rings
Scraps of pink ribbon and lace to decorate the book rings

Entered for the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - G is for Girls
The Artistic Stamper - Letters, Words and Numbers
Card and Scrap - Use Dies

10 comments:

  1. Had no idea pink was not an easy one for you Maddy, rather like me and blue, but you have done a beautiful job with your gorgeous creation.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful album cover, Maddy! Gorgeous images too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful book cover, great romantic feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and so many fine details.

    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Card and Scrap
    DT, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning love the colour, love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maddy
    I love your beautiful details, and the design too, totally gorgeous
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty...I love pink!
    Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. By looking at your album cover, I can't see that pink is not your color, Maddy. Love how it looks. All the fairies and branches are so pretty, and those blue butterflies makes it even better. Love it!
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous creation! Thank you for joining in at The Artistic Stamper challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)