Sunday 7 September 2014

Things With Wings - September at Stamping Sensations

This month at Stamping Sensations we are asking you to submit projects with the theme "Things with Wings". This can be anything you like, even fairies or angels, but I went with the obvious and chose birds and butterflies.

"Things With Wings"

The background is inked with my favourite subtle distress colours and overstamped using lots of different nature stamps and a grey archival ink.

 
"UTEE Bird"

The vintage graphics bird and butterfly are dipped in clear, melted UTEE before adhering to the card with Pinflair glue gel.



"Honeycomb die cut"

The honeycomb frame is cut (using the new Tim Holtz die) from old cardboard packaging, sanded and stained with metallic distress stain. Inner pieces are added from spare pieces of the background stamped card.

 
"It's the Little Things that Make Life BIG"

That is so true!

Well, that's my Stamping Sensations "Thing With Wings" Design Team piece for the month. I do hope you will visit the blog to see my team mates' creations, and enter our challenge. As always, we have a fantastic prize. This month, Crafty Devils are offering the winner a massive gift voucher to spend on anything in their store, so why not go have a browse and dream what you could spend the winnings on :-) Maddy x

6 comments:

  1. This is a delight Maddy and the birdie looks fabulous with his coating of UTEE. And the subtle background stamping looks like an expensive DP. I recently purchased hat Timmy die but yet to crack open the packet.

    Hope you have a lovely Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull card. I love the fantastic background you have and the colour is very fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Maddy! I love the UTEE bird and the background you created is wonderful! I may have to borrow that idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subtle background, Maddy, the bird and butterfly are gorgeous, and I really like the recycled packaging idea! Great card.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Maddy! Your UTEE bird and butterfly are fabulous. They stand out from your pretty background so nicely.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation Maddy, your bird is fabulous.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)