Thursday 26 June 2014

Cock-a-doodle-do!

You know how hubby keeps chickens. Well, he also likes to hatch their eggs, but of course when you hatch eggs you get roughly half and half cockerels and hens. In normal practice, the cockerels would be despatched and cooked up in a sunday roast after a few months. But no, not ours. They are pampered, so this card is a tribute to our first born chick, Chirpy, who is over two years old now.


The background uses distress inks and is overstamped with grey memento. I often make A5 sized cards, so I start with an A4 sheet to make the background, then cut it in half and use half for the background and the rest for embellishments.


"Honeycomb"

This section is cut using on of Tim Holtz' new dies. I diecut some old packaging for the outside edges and stained with metallic distress stain. The inner pieces are diecut from scraps of the decorated background card.
 
"Bee"

 
"Chirpy"

I found this bee and decoupaged cockerel in my stash. I think they were printed some time ago using some free images from the Graphics Fair. Anyway, a quick dip into the meltpot gives them a lovely glossy coating of UTEE. Cock-a-doodle-do!

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Maddy love the cockerel and wow must have a look at that UTEE stuff. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fantastic special effects on your Card - and the colours and the stamping. I really love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card and I do like the affect on the designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow super little card maddy ... love the sheen ... well done ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card, love the bee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to crow about this fab piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great background but the UTEE coated bee and cockrel are fabulous
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card. I love the way you have used the UTEE. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Maddy. Loving the cockerel and bee. I've never used UTEE before but I think I had better find out about the technique and maybe I need to use it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)