Sunday 1 June 2014

Animal Antics - June Stamping Sensations Challenge

This month's challenge at Stamping Sensations is "Animal Antics". You can create anything you like as long as it fits with the theme and features some stamping, and as always there is a fabulous prize on offer. The June prize is a bumper package of £35 of Crafty Individuals goodies of your choice! Wow :-)

I had four goes at making a card for this theme before I was happy. As you know, I'm not the sort of crafter who like to use cute images, so the first two cards I tried turned out nice enough, but they just weren't me. The third one I made I liked, but felt that it didn't really fit the theme. So I went back to the cute images, and came up with a design that is a bit more "me" iyswim! I'll show you the other three in the days to come, but first here's my DT card for June.

"Happy Birthday"

I made an A5 landscape card blank from thick brown card, and diecut an aperture in the front to site the Spellbinders tree. The decorative diecuts on the front of the card are coloured by rubbing on some Inka Gold.

 
"I love hanging around you"

The hedgehog is stamped in Memento and coloured using Promarkers. He's an old Papermania stamp.

 
"Pan Pastel Parade"

This panel is stuck inside the card to provide a backdrop. It was my first attempt using Panpastels and was fun to do, using lots of different nature stamps with versamark ink and brushing the pastels over the stamped images to colour.

 
"No sentiment"

Just for fun, here's a photo of the card before I added my wonky lettering. Diecut letters are great for adding whatever sentiment you like to a card, but as you can see I'm a bit too clumsy with my hands to do a neat job, so what I do is make it good and wonky then it looks like you've done it on purpose lol! Please come and join in with us this month on the challenge blog; I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

14 comments:

  1. This is great Maddy, I can almost feel the lovely texture you have created.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy, Beautiful card...sweet image ...love all the details on the rest of the card...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddy, I love your combo of vintage brown frame and pretty pastel image, and, of course, I love, love, love all the detail. More is more, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Maddy, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just what you mean about trying to do cute when it's not your usual style, Maddy, but I think you've combined the two brilliantly here! Fabulous detail, as usual. Have a good week,

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a brilliant job, and I love the way you have made the cuteness more you! A wonderful card, Maddy. LOVE the wonderful backdrop - excellent use of pan pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful card you have done a brilliant job. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and fabulous design, love the image

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute image but the star of the card is the die-cuts on the front -love the gold highlights and wonky is fine more character than straight lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fantastic. I love the backdrop and all the small fine things you always are able to put on the right place on the Card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. The image and the diecuts are gorgeous, I have never used my diecuts like that before.. you have inspired me to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is a real stunner Maddy. Such an unusual and extremely effective use of the die-cuts.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)