1. Start off with a piece of black card cut to size and emboss using an embossing folder and roller-type machine.
2. Choose a colour of gilding wax and gently rub onto a raised area, picking out an aspect of the design.
3. Colour similar parts of the design with the same colour
4. Continue until you have completed a section.
3. Repeat steps 2-4 using a different colour of gilding wax.
4. Rub some gold gilding wax around the outside of the card to create a frame.
5. Buff any excess wax with some kitchen roll, and here's the pair of covers from yesterday! It's hard to show the metallic shine from this technique in the photographs, but you should get the general idea. I stick them down with a layer of PVA to the patterned side of recycled dog food boxes to make good thick covers.
I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see one of my weird and wonderful creations made using this technique! Have a great day everyone. Maddy x
cardstock: black 220gsm
gilding waxes: Creative Expressions patina & enchanted gold
Embossing folder: M-Bossabilities Tweets & Twigs