Saturday 18 October 2014

A Goldfish Bowl

This card was a lot of fun to make!


"A Goldfish Bowl"

I started by making a box from white card and cutting the aperture before decorating the front with some wood patterned paper and blue distress inks. Some acetate was sealed behind the aperture and the background sealed in place.


"Fish"

The background actually started out as this inked scene...


"Inked Scene"

I wanted something really colourful, and found this in my "ones I prepared earlier" file lol! Anyway, I used a Sizzix stamp and emboss set over the top of this together with some clear heat-embossing to create the "fronds", and went over the whole thing with darker inks to mimic the bottom of the sea. It was cut down to size to fit the base of the box, and the fish were attached using little strips of acetate and dabs of glossy accents so they wiggle when you move the box.


"Fish!"

Before glueing the lid down, some little drops of glossy accents are added to the acetate and some seed beads and shells glued into the base of the box to look like the bottom of the bowl.

"Shells"

The white box is wrapped in a brown card wrapper decorated with door stamps heat-embossed in gold.

"Happy Birthday"

3 comments:

  1. I have seen so many projects from you and every time I think that this is the most fantastic. But I really like this fish bowl - it Is just super special the way you have wrapped the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunningly beautiful masterpiece, Maddy! I LOVE everything about it! Gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I was a gold fish, I'd gladly live in that fish bowl! This is incredible Maddy. Sorry Ive been MIA....again. It just seems really busy at the mo, lol. Marks Daddy got his hip replaced this morning...ouch! But he got out t 2pm and is currently sitting eating toast, so thats always a good sign, lol. I'll shoot you a wee email later. I love this card Maddy, its amazing. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)