Thursday 17 January 2013

Chronology

The docrafts Goody Bag this month had some fabby bits from their new "Chronology" range, and I couldn't resist. This is the first card I made with it:

"Chronology"

The metallic panel is made by embossing mirror card with a cogs folder, then rubbing black acrylic paint into all the recesses using fingers, and finally buffing some of the paint off with a piece of kitchen roll. It gives an oily effect on the gears as well as being great fun :-) Distress inks are sponged around the topper and patterned paper and all the pieces are matted onto black card. The background patterned paper is also matted onto gold to match the gears panel. One of the pocket watches is cut from the paper pad and covered with glossy accents, then fixed on the card with some foam tape to raise it a little.

"Charms"

A pocket watch and key charm are attached to the card via jumprings and a length of chain threaded through an inset eyelet. I attach a large jump ring to the back of the chain after threading it through, to act as a stop for the charms at the required length.

Ingredients:
Chronology 8x8" paper pad & diecut toppers
Cogs and gears embossing folder
cardstock: gold mirri, black 160gsm, white 300gsm
adhesives: foam tape, glossy accents, PVA
eyelet, jumprings, chain, charms
distress inks

9 comments:

  1. You certainly are very prolific this week Maddy, this one is a perfect masculine card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Maddy. I love the design and fabulous detailing

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have not used my chronology stamp but hope to do it next week. Your card are so fine. Fantastic with the metallic panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy...this card is beautiful! I LOVE it! The background is very nice and then you've topped it with the matted metal embossed rectangle. It looks fantastic! Love the distressing on it. Then I love how you've layered the sentiment onto another matted rectangle and added the couple of embellishments! It's a wonderful, clean design with great elements! Love it! Thanks also for the very sweet comments you left on my blog. I really appreciate them! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Maddy, love the gold touches and what a great sentiment,,.,if only lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real beauty, as is the card below too. Love the effect of the embossing and the paint. I don't like using mirri card, unless it has been altered like this. Yours has just the right amount of shininess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card using one of my favorite ranges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)