Tuesday 23 October 2012

A Thank You Card with a Cat

This is a different type of easel card, another idea I "borrowed" from Sue Wilson who is a wizz with Spellbinders dies. Basically, you make a card front using a good, stiff piece of card as a backing, then make a little stand for the back so it stands up. Sue has a fab tutorial on her blog. The great thing about this method is that it frees you up completely to make whatever size card you like, as long as you can find or make an envelope to fit.

"Can you see little kitty?"

Two pieces of identical 6x6" backing paper are used, with the door cut out of one and that piece positioned on top of the complete paper using foam tape so the door appears inset. The whole section is matted onto a slightly larger piece of thick black card and the "easel" stand glued to the back. I diecut an extra label and stick on the back over the easel for somewhere to write a greeting.

"Here he is!"

This is one of my favourite little charms. He has an oriental look about him don't you think? He's waiting in the doorway for me to let him in and feed him :-)

"Sentiment"

The Justrite label is heat-embossed in gold onto dark patterned paper and fixed to the card with foam tape over some diecut flourishes. The "Thank You" sentiment is heat-embossed onto spotty paper and diecut into a circle shape, then fixed over the label with more foam tape for plenty of dimension. Tiny diecut cherry blossom flowers are added, with some little self-adhesive gems in their centres.

Ingredients:
BoBunny 6"x6" paper pad: Timepiece
Justrite stamp set: Thank You Labels Twenty
Spellbinders: Labels 20, Cheery Blossom
Sizzix Bigz Elegant Flourishes
Cat charm
Small yellow self-adhesive gems
Cardstock: 300gsm, black
Versamark clear ink pad
Stampendous embossing powder: Pirate Gold
Adhesives: foam tape, Glossy Accents, Pinflair, PVA

Entered for the following challenge:
Justrite Inspiration Friday Challenge 84 - Flower Power

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Maddy. beautiful papers and a great design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Maddy. I love the papers and detailing - especially that kitty!
    A fab card design too, thanks for the link

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card. Love that little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have again made a fantastic card. I still have not try to make an easel card but I believe that I MUST try. I have also been looking at Sue Wilsons tutorial. I also like the way you use the gold embossing - both on the cat and the spellbinder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddy love the card and kitty especially. Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Maddy, i know its an issue with the ipad viewing the text because i have trouble myself. I wish I knew how to fix it! Thank you for all your kind comments lovely :-) I love your fabby cat! :-) a gorgeous creation :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and a great idea with the door, I love the cat charm. Thank you for the link xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous vintage feel and lovely little kitty too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)