Thursday 16 February 2012

This one is for my husband

Now that valentine's is over for another year, I thought I'd share the card I made for my husband.

"You've caught my heart"

The background and front panel have the usual Tim Holtz' distress inks, stamps and Perfect Pearls.

"Charms and lace"

My good friend Lee (craftyloops) has been encouraging me to experiment with jewellery, and here I've been playing with some beads attached to jump rings via head pins, together with a couple of charms and a tiny die-cut heart inked to match the background. The gorgeous lace is some more of the stash from Kathy. Thank you both!

"Birdcage"

The birdcage and Elegant post diecuts were cut from dark card and dabbed with alcohol ink to give an aged metallic effect. Another diecut heart was inked & stamped before layering over a pair of stamped wings.

"Elegant post"

The birdcage was hung from the post with a chain of jumprings.

Ingredients:
Distress inks: Brushed Corduroy, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet
Adirondack alcohol ink: gold mixative
Tim Holtz clear scrylic stamp sets: Regal Flourish, Urban Grunge, Nature's Elements
Perfect Pearls: gold
Cardstock: white, black
Sizzix Bigz Tim Holtz birdcage die
Spellbinders Elegant Posts die
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Hearts
beads, jump rings, gold-coloured head pins
lace: various

Entered for the following challenge:
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Love is in the Air
Gingersnap Creations - Faux Technique (faux metal)

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning! You've achieved a wonderful aged metal effect, and I love the design. Thanks for playing along with Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, the beads look amazing. Thank you for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge this month. Jane (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect Maddy. This card is brilliant. I love the beads and charms youve used. Do you need any more bird cages cut? Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Maddy, love all the different charms! Love Jayne. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I love the little charms on the bird cage. I must get one of these bird cage dies. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great metal effect, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the metallic effect, lace and charms. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, perfect for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty, and that really does look like metal!! Perfect for the Gingersnap Creations faux challenge!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back! Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card Maddy, bet hubby loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)