Sunday 27 October 2013

Inky Goodness

Well, if you hang around with me on this blog long enough, there will always be some inky goodness coming along sooner or later, and here it is :-)

"Inky Goodness"

As you all know by know, I love reindeer, and I fell in love with this stamp from IndigoBlu the first time I saw it. The background is sponged with seasonal distress inks before splattering with water to get that raindrop effect. The deer are stamped in black archival and heat-embossed with Stampendous detail holographic powder. The panel is matted onto silver holographic card, a tree brad is attached, then the whole thing is fixed to the front of a red card blank. I had half a dozen of these tree brads so I made 6 similar cards for the hospice box.

The first big storm of the Winter is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. At the moment it looks like it will miss us but hit the South of England badly. At the time of "The Great Storm" (15th-16th October 1987), Tom and I were students living in Fulham. I'll never forget walking to College that day (none of the tubes were running) and passing a line of very posh cars on the Old Brompton Road. Every one had been hit by a falling tree except for the very last - a beaten up old mini. That's karma for you! Stay safe everyone.

Entered for the following challenges:
A Creative Romance - Metal Mania
Crafts Too - Christmas Festivities Twist #2 what Christmas means to you (reindeer of course! :-)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Distressing
Little Red Wagon - Brads or Eyelets

12 comments:

  1. Hi Maddy, gosh you've been so very busy this week, I've just looked back at your daily posts. The yellow card comment made me smile! I love your wonderful array of cards, clever you :). I'll be bat owning down the hatches this evening as I live in the eye of the coming storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These reindeer are really cute - I understand that you fell in love when you saw the stamp for the first time. Hope the storm will not be too much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maddy. I love the image and wonderful colours.
    We are expecting very bad weather here, it's already quite bad. Thankfully the children are off school next week so we don't need to go out in it.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy gorgeous card love the colours you have used so very gentle. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Maddy , love the image and colours
    love Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Maddy! That is gorgeous! There is nothing like a bit of inkyness to get the day off to a good start x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card. Love the detail its fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamp its gorgeous and the background looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab stamp can see why you love it, your card is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy this week - beautiful selection of cards - really like the reindeers
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely image and card! Thanks for joining us at C2CU for Twist 2 this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)