Sunday 6 October 2013

All Creatures Great and Small

Goodness, it's October. Where did Summer go? Well here I am back again with another creation for my DT spot at Stamping Sensations. This month we are asking you to come up with a creation for the theme "All Creatures Great and Small". We have a fabulous prize, but more of that later. First, here's my project:

"All Creatures Great and Small"

The box frame came from that Swedish company that always has bits and pieces that look fun to decorate! It was originally painted white, but I took my alcohol inks to it to give the mottled blue effect, then overstamped all the foliage with brown archival ink. The background is inked onto pearlescent card to give a similar effect to the frame and bordered with strips of black lace.

"Red Admiral"

Each of the insects is stamped onto watercolour paper with archival ink and coloured with distress markers. Now for the news you've been waiting for, the fabulous prize from Penny Black!! I can't wait to see what you all create to join in with us this month.

Penny Black invite you to explore their creative world and see for yourself why their rubber stamps, stickers, beautiful papers for scrapbooking, cardmaking and stamp crafting are everyone’s favourites. Their products are designed to integrate style and colour for creating the best handicraft projects ever. Be one of the first to hear about new stamps and products by joining the club for free.


"Prize"
 
Entered for the following challenges:
Joanna Sheen - So Sweet
Penny Black and More - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. The oranges of the butterflies look stunning against the aqua coloured background Maddy, a really lovely piece of work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project, love the butterflies they are stunning. Simply gorgeous. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Maddy. I love the background colour and the insects are all coloured so beautifully.
    I hope all is well with you.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see some news from you - I have missed your fantastic ideas. I love butterflies and these have the most beautifull colours..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like plants and blue background, butterflies look like real!
    P.S. You're a long time did not write a blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Maddy! Gorgeous butterflies in that meadow you created. Stunning work! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful creation in great colors. Love all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy I've missed your blog posts! This frame is stunning Maddy. I love the colour (being a bit of a blues girl, lol) and you have coloured your butterflies beautifully. I honestly thought they were printed out or stickers! Shame on me! Oh by the way, had a look at the Craft Fair line up at Kings Hall next month....the Payper Box is back! Yippee! I need more of their awesome cardstock. I'm good to go on the Thursday or Friday (I think). I need to email you actually. Things have been "interesting" around here! Love your frame, its amazing. Toodles, Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again Maddy, just to say thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous box card Maddie. The foliage background is lovely and you have made the butterflies stand out so well.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again in November.

    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maddy, this is so gorgeous project. Love the blue background and your beautiful butterflies. It's stunning!
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maddy
    Gorgeous creation, love all your butterflies and inking too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning piece of work - love it.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More @ Allsorts Anything Goes challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)